Saturday, January 4, 2020

The Wisdom of the Witch



Wisdom is knowledge and experience woven into our being. A witch is both weaver and unraveler. She knows when to embody something and when to release it. She catches the sun in her web and becomes the moon. Her light is a torch unto others.

This vision of the witch is mine. It is my intention to gather all the parts of myself and weave and unravel as needed in 2020. This year is the one in which I move along my path with great intention and awareness. For the first time I feel as though I am truly claiming my life and taking full responsibility for the past, present and future. I finally offer this gift to myself.

Now if I drift, I do so with the intention to feel my way through. If I find myself cowering, I do so knowing I can take a moment to find courage. If I find myself worrying, I walk with it allowing it to teach me what I need.

There is no going back. The path is as clear as I make it, and mystery will still walk alongside me. Mystery is the shadow that dances in the light. It is the space between breaths and moments. The witch watches and waits. She wears silence like a cloak. The cloak sometimes smothers sometimes covers like a starlit sky. Either way, silence is both doorway and container. The witch knows when to gestate and when to open up and enter the bottomless well. She knows how to fall because she knows there is no ground. It is in the ground of her being she finds support.

Let us all fall into 2020 with intention. Let our intentions become wings and may these wings support not only ourselves, but one another.

Welcome 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment