Saturday, March 17, 2018

Fire in the Head


Photo by Joshua Newton on Unsplash

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.    
~ Arnold Glasgow
 
This past week my mind has been on fire. I don’t sleep much and in the morning I’m wide awake with ideas coursing through my mind still. I mean to get up and get moving, but I stand still, my mind all over the place. There are so many thoughts, feelings, ideas. I take notes before the thoughts burn up in yet more thoughts. It’s exhausting and exhilarating at the same time.

The ideas are still gestating. Some have deepened over the past couple of months. All this is why I haven’t written here yet. When you’re in the whirlwind it’s all you can do to capture some of it.

One of the fires was about forgiveness. I let some old feelings of anger rise up and then burn up, releasing them to sky, to Spirit. This forgiveness work seems to have been nudged by the fire in my belly. That power deep within, grounded in Earth and Spirit is something I recently claimed. I’ve lived from this place at times but have not consciously claimed it until now.

A few years ago I began to see those trying experiences in my life as walks through fire. Then, I consciously claimed being a keeper of the fire, using it to grow and heal.

Now I see the fire is within and know its creative power as my own. I burn with it instead of in it. I own it as much as it owns me. A new dance has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment