Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Feel Everything, Breathe, Dream, Let Your Soul Lead

Image by mcredifine from Pixabay


A writer friend who is also a therapist said her most felt emotion right now is annoyed. I kind of feel that way, too. Some of it’s because I can't do everything I want to do, but mostly it comes up when I see people not following the guidelines to keep us safe and hoarding supplies.

Sometimes I think I shouldn’t feel annoyed, but then I realize I need to feel whatever I feel. And many different emotions pass through me every day. I’m learning to let myself feel them. I don’t have to act on them, but feeling them lets them dissolve.

This is a trying time for all of us.

I also realized that many of us may be experiencing grief. When in grief we can’t just get over it. It’s a process. Things have changed. We can’t do a lot of the things we love to do. We may not be able to work. It’s a sudden shift in the way we do things. That is loss.

The loss we’re feeling may be even bigger. We may be going through a true global shift. I believe things will ultimately change for the better for all of us, but we’re going to have to let go of the old ways. That is loss.

We need to feel what we feel. It’s going to be a rough ride, but it can also be one filled with joy, love and compassion. There are opportunities everywhere to feel and practice those with others and ourselves.

Instead of pushing through our emotions, let’s ride them. They are waves that ebb and flow. They can guide us just as much as they can misguide us. Don’t hold onto them, feel and let them naturally dissolve. Learn from them. Let them take you deep within, so deep you sink beneath the emotions to your calm center. This is where you’ll discover your next step or the answer you need. This is the imaginal realm. This is where we can dream up a new way to live. That vision comes from deep within. It doesn’t come from an intellectual exercise based on what we see. A new world will be born from within our soul. It will rise up and gently nudge us to what is next. We may have a vision, but we won’t have a map. It will be different for each person, but if it comes from the soul, and it will grow into a unifying way of being.

Feel what you feel, go within, dream and take each guided step with love. This is the way of the Sacred Feminine. This is the way of the mystics. This is the way of the poets and creatives. And this is the path we choose at this crossroad because our souls long for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment