Friday, May 4, 2018

Home in Uncertainty, Home in Infinity

Photo by TheDigitalArtist on pixabay
The world is lived into existence at every moment. The world is being created anew in me in each millisecond. Time is not real in the larger sense. Eternity is not endless time, it’s timelessness. I breathe the infinite in every breath. I belong. I’m at home.
~ Rev. Dr. Arvid Straube

While doing my morning spiritual work, I came across my old fear of uncertainty and how much it’s a part of my need to control people and situations. This isn’t a new insight. I’ve been over this one before, but today it was time to move towards this fear. Writing about it brought a book by Pema Chodrön to mind, Comfortable with Uncertainty. In it I found some tools I can use to help me feel at home in uncertainty.

I also discovered a talk by the Rev. mentioned above this morning. There is something about belonging here in this world as it is lived into existence in every moment that resonated. I belong here and I belong to Eternity itself. I am home in It and It is home in me. To be home in the Infinite is to be home in uncertainty. It’s to be upended by something so huge that you can’t begin to orient yourself. And yet, when you let go, all feels right with the world.

These are just musings. When I step outside of these words and live my world into existence it can feel scary. Anything is possible on the edge of creation. *I want to be the Fool stepping of the ledge into the uncertain, but more often I’m the Magician laying my tools before me, making a plan. I believe in magic, but the next moment yet to be lived can never be known for sure. We intend and we create. But ultimately until we step out and begin to live we don’t know what will really happen. The point is to live it as it shows up. Co-creation begins as we step out and live life as it unfolds before us. Eventually the Fool becomes the World.

For at no time are any events predestined. There should be no such word in your vocabulary, for with every moment you change, and every heartbeat is an action, and every action changes every other action.
~ The wisdom of Seth as channeled through Jane Roberts

*These are references to the Fool and Magician in the Tarot as is the World at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment